Today, about a third of the United State’s population drinks coffee daily. We’ve long loved our coffee. The caffeine gets us functioning with our day. But what if you wake up one morning and find out that your beloved coffee maker machine has broken down? A bad morning, isn’t it?
Thankfully, you can still brew a good cup of coffee without a coffee maker. It’s a easy process and all you need is a freshly roasted coffee beans, a grinder, coffee filter or coffee bag, hot water and a mug.
Make sure you have freshly roasted beans because taste of a good cup of coffee is about 80 percent aromatics and it dissipates as roasted coffee ages. If you use aged roasted coffee, it’ll taste stale.
Let’s make a good cup of coffee now!
- Grind your coffee on a medium – like coarse sand.
- Fill a pan with water and turn on the heat. Use a little more water than you usually use as some of it is going to get left behind.
- When water is boiling add your freshly ground coffee. Measure a tablespoon of coffee for each cup of coffee you want to make.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan and wait until all off the grounds settle at the bottom.
- You’re done, just slowly pour the coffee off the top or ladle it into cups.
- Heat the water in a pan or in a tea kettle.
- Place 2 tablespoon of ground coffee in the center of coffee filter or a coffee bag and tie it using a thread.
- Place the filter in your coffee mug and pour hot water over it. Allow it to steep for around 3 minutes.
- Remove the filter out of the mug and your coffee is ready.
Making coffee has never been so easy. Next time you wake up without a working coffee maker in your kitchen or no coffee maker at all, don’t worry. It doesn’t have to be a difficult morning. Just follow the above steps and you’ll have your morning hug in a mug.
This post has been viewed 90 times.