Ever since it’s introduction, the Pumpkin Spice Latte has become the official refreshment of Fall. Starbucks sold it more than 200 million times between its introduction in 2003 and 2015.
If you fancy making it yourself at home, here’s a quick recipe to frothy pumpkin slice latte.
Total time required:
- 1 cup of milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until it looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
- Add 1 cup milk and vanilla extract to it an stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp.
- Return the mixture to saucepan, whisking for about 2 minutes more.
- Add espresso and whisk until frothy, should not take more than 1 minute.
- Top with sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg if you like.
*If you don’t have espresso, you can use strong brewed coffee instead.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size 16 fl.oz (448 g)
- Calories 260
Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Carbohydrates 50g
Dietary Fiber 0g
- Protein 14g
This post has been viewed 100 times.